Thursday, August 24, 2017

Fresh Berry Yogurt


This is by far my most favorite breakfast and it hardly even warrants a recipe. BONUS: So easy to meal prep!!! On meal prep day, I get out all my strawberries and blueberries (and, really, you can use any fruit you want, this just happens to be my choice). I cut up my strawberries pretty small so the pieces are roughly the same size as the blueberries. I set out all my ziplock bags (I have this three days a week so I have out three ziplock bags) and start measuring. I use about 1/3 cup blueberries and 2/3 cup chopped strawberries - dump into bags. I also add six almonds into each bag. Now you may think that almonds in yogurt sounds strange. I thought so too. DELICIOUS! Promise! I don't know what it is, but it's always a pleasant surprise to get an almond in my yogurt. When I go to the store, I get the little individual sized yogurts (I think they are 6 oz) - just plain or vanilla. I could get the bigger tub, and it may even be more cost effective (I haven't checked), but this way, the yogurt is already meal prepped and portioned for me too! So each morning, I grab my yogurt and bag of berries/almonds and dump it all into a bowl and mix. That's it y'all! 

The key to this one is the ease for meal prepping. You could easily meal prep this and grab it on your way out the door in the morning and eat at work.

If you are following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count:
1 red, 1 purple, 1/2 blue

For more recipes, or Health and Fitness tips, visit Fitness, Food and Fun at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...