Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I LOVE peanut butter and jelly


WELCOME TO MY BLOG! My name is Megan Foster. I am a 
wife
mother of two
former teacher
current tutor and Coach.

I have been married to my wonderful husband since 2015. We have a son born in 2007 and a daughter born in 2016. We are technically a blended family, although we don't see ourselves that way. My son is not my husband's biologically. Fortunately, my husband was able to legally adopt my son and it was finalized just before Christmas 2016. It was a great Christmas - our daughter's first ever and our family's first being "legal." 
The first initial of my son's name is J. Long before we were pregnant with our daughter, we knew that if we had a girl, her name would be Presley. My husband and mom are both BIG Elvis fans so the name stuck pretty quickly. Once we were pregnant and revisiting names, we realized that if we added a name that began with B to Presley, it created the initials PB. We would have kids with the initials PB and J. We could sign cards with PB and J! I was very excited about this. Surprisingly, my husband was completely on board! Some may think we are crazy or strange but we think it's the best story to tell! I wanted to use my grandmother's middle name as our daughter's so our daughter's first name ended up being hyphenated and she truly has the first initials of PB. Our PB and J dreams were completed. 
Funny thing is, I don't even like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I never have. In fact, I just started liking peanut butter in general!! So the name of this blog is two-fold. This is a food blog and peanut butter and jelly is obviously a food. It's also an ode to my kiddos. They (along with my husband) are my motivation for everything that I do. I began my health and fitness journey so that I could be a better mom for them. So that I could run and play with lasting energy, so I could hold them as long as they needed. So that I could start each day strong and just be HAPPY! 
So welcome to Peanut Butter and Jelly! I hope you find what you are looking for and that any tips and tricks you find are helpful. If there is something specific you are looking for or have a question about something, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I can be best reached through my Facebook page, Fitness, Food and Fun - which also has more recipes, meal prepping tips and fitness information (fb.me/beachbodyfitnessfoodandfunbymegan). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...