Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hawaiian Salmon



You guys! This dinner shocked me. I thought it sounded good, obviously, since I made it, but I didn't know it would be one of my FAVORITE salmon recipes ever. I am still carb cycling (see Shrimp Scampi Zoodles) so no carbs for me this week! 

Ingredients
1 pineapple
1/2 Red onion
One bunch of cilantro
3 8oz salmon fillets

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice pineapple into tiny "salsa" sized pieces. As you can see in the picture, I had a few extra skewers of pineapple I left on the side. Dice onion and cilantro to similar size. Mix together, let it sit and the flavors mingle. I line my cooking sheet with foil so, if I'm lucky, I can just throw away the foil when we're done and don't have to clean the pan! Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay salmon fillets on one side of the cooking sheet and top with pineapple salsa. Lay pineapple skewers next to salmon. Chop any veggies you want (we had bell peppers) and lay flat on the other half of the cooking sheet. One pan into the oven cooks it all!! Like I said, I did not have any carbs but I did cook a Rice-A-Roni for my family. They enjoyed it, but a white rice or cilantro rice would be delicious as well if you are looking for a carby side!

If you are following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count for the dinner pictured:
2 red (1 red is 4oz), 1 purple, 1 green

For more recipes, or Health and Fitness tips, go to Fitness, Food and Fun at


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...