Thursday, August 24, 2017

Spinach Omelette


I've never been a big breakfast person. I always thought that breakfast that is healthy and tastes good is too complicating for me to make, and I could only find in a restaurant. NOT TRUE! It has taken me some time to come to terms with this but I actually look forward to breakfast each morning. When I first started my health and fitness journey, I would just skip breakfast, thinking that's okay. I quickly realized skipping breakfast really messed up my whole eating plan for the day. It caused me to overeat at lunch and sometimes even snack unnecessarily. So, don't skip breakfast! This breakfast hardly needs a recipe but I wanted to share anyway. I want you to really SEE how easy it can be to get a healthy breakfast.

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup spinach
2 tsp shredded cheese (whatever is you fav!)

Directions
I spray a small non-stick skillet with Pam. It's just enough to wilt the spinach but isn't even a teaspoon so I don't count it towards my eating for the day. So spray the pan, dump in your spinach. Sauté on medium heat for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted. Crack your two eggs right into the same pan (no need for extra dishes!), add a little shake of Mrs. Dash's Salt-Free Table Seasoning and scramble quickly. Once the eggs are almost cooked, sprinkle your cheese on top and let it melt.

If you are following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count:
1 red, 1 green, 1/2 blue

For more recipes, or Health and Fitness tips, visit my page, Fitness, Food and Fun at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...