Thursday, August 24, 2017

Potato-Crusted Salmon


I'm going to be honest. I was SO not sure about this when I first came across it. This recipe is from the Shift Shop, it is not mine. 

Y'all, my family loves salmon. We eat it all the time. At least once a week, sometimes more. But I could tell my husband and son were getting tired of the typical lemon pepper seasoned salmon (which is also delicious and so easy) so I needed to try something different. In addition to it being a new salmon recipe, it takes care of our carb and protein all in one swoop! The quicker and easier, the better, in my crazy house!
We had this on the night of my son's first day of fifth grade, so we got the shrimp too (he's a shrimp fiend). They were pre-marinated from Safeway; cilantro-garlic. We just had to warm them up in a pan and they were good to go. Again, EASY! We had it with zucchini but obviously you can swap for your choice of side. We always season our veggies with Mrs. Dash's Salt-Free seasonings. That way, we get tons of flavor but aren't undoing all of our hard work to eat healthy and work out! 

Potato-Crusted Salmon Recipe

Ingredients
2 small russet potatoes
1/2 medium leek, sliced thin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp unsalted butter
4 - 4oz salmon fillets, skinless

Directions
1. Wash, shred, and drain potatoes. Get them as dry as possible
2. Combine potatoes, leeks, salt and pepper
3. Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
4. Place four 1/3 cup "patties" of potato mixture into skillet. Press a salmon fillet onto each patty. Spread the rest of the potato mixture evenly over each salmon fillet. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side (depending on thickness of salmon). Look for browned potato mixture and the fish to flake easily with a fork. 

For those of you following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count:
Salmon: 1 red, 1 yellow
Shrimp: 1 red
Zucchini: 1 green


For more recipes or Health and Fitness tips, go to Fitness, Food and Fun at


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...