Thursday, August 24, 2017

Meal Prep Salads for Lunch

This is possibly the easiest meal to prep and so easy to travel with! Salad. Instead of making the same exact salad every day though, I have a couple different that I swap back and forth between. I really don't get sick of having salad with everything else I am eating throughout the day and the switch of veggies and proteins.

Salad 1
1/2 cup lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
4 oz chicken
The chicken can be cubed up and put into the salad or eat separately as seen here. The choice is yours! To season the chicken, I use Mrs. Dash's Salt-Free seasonings. You get all the flavor you are looking for without the negative health effects of salt. Even my picky boys love this seasoning and have never missed having salt! There are SEVERAL different kinds. Take your pick, find your favorite and season away! For dressing, I use a store bought oil-based dressing. These are healthiest. And I only use a small drizzle. Just enough to coat the salad. I am not one to enjoy dry lettuce so I make sure it's just enough to cover, but not a thick coat. If you want to be precise, 2 tsp is what you are aiming for.

If you are following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count:
1 green, 1 red, 2 tsp

Salad 2
1/2 cup lettuce
1/2 cup green onions
1 cup cabbage
6 cashews
4 oz shrimp
Same deal as above with dressing. Go for an oil-based dressing and just about 2 tsp.

If you are following Beachbody's portion control containers, here is your count:
2 green, 1/2 blue, 1 red, 2 tsp


For more recipes, or for Health and Fitness tips, go to Fitness, Food and Fun at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Oh my wow. This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes so far!! Yum. I'm craving it right now as I write this. Making this in...